The Roman Catholic Archdiocese of Calcutta - India
© 2011 The Roman Catholic Archdiocese of Calcutta. All rights reserved.

Useful Links | Recommended Browsers | Website Suggestions | Privacy Policy | Disclaimer


AUXILIUM PARISH, Gobra
8/A, Mahendra Roy Lane, Kolkata- 700 046
2329- 9324
History
Erected on 25th March 1974, Auxulium Parish, Gobra was carved out from the Eastern and Western territories of the Parishes of Fatima and Christ the King, respectively and was entrusted to the care of the Salesians of Don Bosco in perpetuum. A vast area of the parish consists of the slums and bustees of the city of Kolkata. Serving the spiritual and material needs of the poor, the Auxilium Parish has grown in to a popular Shrine of Our Lady, Mary Help of Christians and has developed a prestigious educational institution, the Auxilium Parish School ( primary Bengali Medium) catering to about 500 poor children of the area and running classes from K. G. to IV. The imposing and miraculous Auxilium Church Complex was completed and inaugurated on 29th January 1995, While the first floor serves as the Parish Church and the Shrine, the basement houses the Auxilium Parish School.

In May 1995 the first group of the Salesian Pre-Novitiate began functioning. Today the Pre- Novitiate Group forms a part of the parish and helps in the parish activities.

Catholics: 10,100. Sub-Stns: Motijhil, Chinese Chapel Dhapa, Nitika (Tangra)

Religious Institutions:
Salesian Provincial House,
52, R.N.C.Rd. Kol- 15
2329-7972/11222224

Nitika Don Bosco
52,RN.C.Rd, Kol- 15
2329 1315/1221

Salesian pre- Novitiate
8/A, Mahendra Roy Lane, Kol-46
23292712

Auxilium Convent
Mahendra Roy Lane, Kol-46
23292119

Loreto Entally Convent & Novitiate
1, Convent Lane, Kol- 15
329-4891/2328-0109

Daughters of St. Anne
1, Convent Lane, Kol-15
2329-2893/5717

Missionaries of Charity, Prem Dan,
Kol- 46
22855228

Missionaries of Charity Shanti Dan, Tangra
Kol-46
2329-5260
Missionaries of Charity, Deep Shikha
Kol- 46
2329-4523

Sisters Adorers, Jyoti Nivas
31/1J,Atul Sur Road, Kol-46
2329-3278

Holy Cross Convent
1, Asgar Mistry Lane, Kol-46
23291167

Srs. Of St. Joseph of the Apparition
3,E Tangra Rd, Kol-46
2329 0654

Educational Institutions: :

Auxilium Parish School
8/A, M.R.Lane, Kolkata- 46

Loreto Entally Boarding School
1, Convent Lane, Kolkata – 15

St. Mary’s School, Entally
1, Convent Lane, Kolkata- 15

St. Mary’s Teacher’s Training Centre
Entally, Kolkata – 15

St. Teresa’s L.P. School
Motijihil Lane, Kol – 15

Savio School
Hatgachis, Dhapa Kol – 15

Auxilium Vocational Training Centre
8A Mahendra Roy Lane, Kol – 46

Social Action
Asha Niketan
37, Tangra Rd, Kol- 46
2329 1249

Lay Associations
Pastoral Animation Team ( PAT), S.V.P, C.A.B., Catholic Subha, Mahila Sangh, Sodality of Mary Help Of Christans, Dominic Savio Youth Groups, Mother Teresa Self Help Groups (Hatgachia)


CARMEL OF CHRIST THE KING CHAPEL
4, Otram Street, Kolkata- 700 017
2247- 4050.
History
Four sisters from the Carmel of Mont sur Marchienene, Belgium arrived in Kolkata in November 1935. Their convent was not yet ready; so they enjoyed the kind hospitality of the Daughters of the Cross at St. Vincent’s Home, Kidderpore, for 18 months. On June 28, 1937, Rev. Mother Prioress, 3 professed sisters and 3 postulants from India left Kidderpore for the beautiful convent of Christ the king which his Grace had prepared for them at No. 4 Outram Street. His Grace received them at the gate and in a few touching words bade them take formal possession of their new home. Here you will serve God in peace and solitude said Msg. Perier. Pray for the conversion of sinners and implore God’s blessings on the labours of our missionaries and our active religious. Here you will offer reparation for sins that are daily committed in this large city, and by your holy lives, you will co operate with all those that toil for the establishment of Christ’s Kingdom in Bengal”.


CATHEDRAL OF THE MOST HOLY ROSARY, Murghihata
15, Portuguese Ch. Street, Kolkata- 100 001.
2235- 6863/ 2234- 3429
History
Started in 1797. The main Church of the Padroado in Kolkata till 1834, when it became the first parish Church of the newly erected Vicariate Apostolic of Bengal, the Salesians, who took over charge from the Jesuits in 1921, handed it over to the Diocesan Clergy in 1972. The Cathedral Annexe was built in 1979.

Catholics: 800

Rel. Institutions
Bethany Sisters
15, Portuguese Church Street, Kol- 1.
2235- 4840

M.S.I. Sisters, 15, Portuguese Church Street, Kol- 1.
2234- 2026

Sisters of Charity, ( Beadon St.)
1, Abhedananda Rd, Kol- 6
2360-1155, 2350-4211

M.C. Sisters
58/1, Nimatala Ghat Street, Kol – 6
2530-8274

Edu. Inst.
Holy Child Institute, (Beadon St.)
1, Abhedananda Road, Kol-6
2350- 4211, 2360-1155
Social Action
M.C. Sisters run a school for street children, General Dispensary & give daily lunch for T.B. Patients at
Mahatma Gandhi Welfare Centre
No. 4, New C.I.T. Rd. Tiretti Bazar, Kolkata – 73.

Lay Asso.
S.V.P., Altar Boys, CCW Cell Soc.Act. Bethany sisters run school for slum children at Cathedral premises. Coaching for poor Children.


CHURCH OF CHRIST THE KING, Park Circus
5,Syed Amir Ali Avenue, Kolkata- 700017.
2247-4157
History
Parish was erected in 1944. Has a Shrine of Our Lady of Perpetual Help with devotions every Wednesday evening at 6. 15 P.M.

Catholics: 10,850

Rel.Inst.
Jesuit Residence
75/1 Ballygunge Place, Kol-26
2460-1206/2440-6955

Carmelite Fathers
252A, Picnic Garden Road, Kol-39
2344-1434

Salesians of Don Bosco
23,Darga Road, Kol-17
2240-0414

Auxilium Convent
8, Syed Amir Ali Avenue, Kol- 17
2247-9492 Missionaries of Charity
90, Park Street, Kol – 17

Sisters Adorers, Nazareth Villa
P-8, CIT Rd., Kol- 17
2281-6878

Sisters of Mary Immaculate
15, Gurusaday Rd., Kol- 19
2247-2662

Sisters of O.L. Queen of the Missions
34 Syed Amir Ali Avenue, Kol-17.
2247- 6502

Sisters of the Cross of Chavanod
28 Lower Renge, Kol-17.
2247- 9650

Edu.Inst.
Don Bosco School
23, Darga Road, Kol – 17
2247-9207/2240-0414

Our Lady Queen of the Missions School,
Sir Syed Amir Ali Avenue, Kol- 17
2247-8196

Auxilium Convent, 8 A, Syed Amir Ali Avenue, Kol-17
2247- 9492

Educational Media Research Centre ( EMRC)
50 Circus Avenue, Kol – 17
2247-4869

Marian Education Centre
120-M Deb Banerjee Rd
2344-3166/2345-0740
Picnic Garden, Kol- 39

Lay Asso.
CAB, SVP, Legion of Mary, Salesian Cooperators, CYM, YCS, C.L.C. (Bengali), Family Cell, Basic Christian Communities, Altar Boys, Ministry for the Aged.


CHURCH OF OUR LADY OF DOLOURS, Boitakhana
147, Bipin Behari Ganguly Street, Kolkata – 700 012
2227-1822/9152
History
Founded in 1810 as a parish of the Padroado, Public chapel of Kolkata Archdiocese since 1930, and has a shrine of Mother of Mercy, with devotion every Tuesday at 6.00p.m. It serves also as residence of the Parish Priest of St. John’s Church

Soc.Act.
Archdiocesan Educational Office
2227-9152/1822
St. Anne’s Boys’ Hostel for College students.


CHURCH OF THE SACRED HEART OF JESUS, Dharamtala
3, Lenin Sarani, Kolkata- 700 013.
2228-7736/1529
History
The foundation stone was laid on 12 February 1832, and the Church was solemnly blessed on Easter Sunday, the 30th March 1834. A Parish of the Padroado till 1844, when it became a parish of the Vicariate, Church renovated by Mgr, Eric Barber and re- dedicated on 3rd October 1971.

Catholics: 1270

Rel. Inst.
St. Joseph’s Chapel
19, Market Street, Kol- 87
2265-1530/2246-2667

Edu.Inst:
St. Anthony’s High School
19, Market Street, Kol- 87
2244-1530/2246-2667

Loreto Day School
169, Lenin Sarani, Kol- 13
2212-7560/7923

Soc. Act.
Goethals Memorial Health Centre
2228-1057.
Family Commission Office
2228-1139
Youth Commission Office
2228-1034.
Diocesan and Regional Youth Centre
3 Lenin Sarani, Kol- 13
2228-1034

Lay.Asso.
Parish Council, SVP, Social Welfare Cell, Youth Cell, Family Cell, Liturgical Cell, Parish is the Registered Office and Address of Commitium of Legion of Mary, St. Vincent de Paul Society & Catholic Association of Bengal.


FATIMA SHRINE, C. I. T. Rd.
P-63, Scheme 52, C.I.T. Road, Kolkata – 700 014.
2244-6363/2284-7327
History
The Parish was part of St. Teresa’s Church. Devotion to your Lady of Fatima was started by Fr. J. Henry S.J. and regular processions to Fatima Shrine were organized from St. Teresa’s. The Redemptorists took over the centre on 1st January 1966. It was canonically erected a parish on 5th January 1969.

Catholics: 4000

Rel.Inst.
Sisters of Charity
14/1, ConventRd., Kol – 14
2286-5535/2244-1519

Sisters of Charity
P- 140, C.I.T. Rd.Kol-14
2284-8746

Ursuline Franciscan Sisters, Shanti Kiran
P- 112/1, C.I.T. Rd. Kol- 14
2246-4176

Holy Spirit Sisters
26B, Dr. Suresh Sarkar Rd, Kol- 14
2246-1231

Edu. Inst.
Holy Child Girl’s High School (Beng)
P- 140, C.I.T. Rd. Kol- 14.
2244-5015

Lay Asso.
S.V.P., Legion of Mary, parish P. Council, I.C.T.M.


INFANT JESUS CHURCH, Behala.
3, Sourin Roy Road, Behala, Kolkata- 700 034
2478- 0744
History
In June 1990 a four storey building was purchased from Mr. Biren Roy at Behala. One storey was converted into a church and another was adjusted for the residence of the priests. The Church was blessed by Archbishop Henry d’Souza on April 21, 1991. On September 8, 1991, Infant Jesus church was erected into a parish with territory carved out from St. Ignatius Church, Kidderpore.

Catholics: 4500.

Rel. Inst.
CMI Dharmaniketan
1/1 Bonamali Ghoshal Lane, Kol- 34
2468- 3890

Bethany Pre Novitiate
27, Rishi Bankim Rd, Behala, Kol- 34
2468- 2078

Carmel House
14, B.C. Road, Behala,Kol- 34
2468- 8734

Carmelites Sisters
2, Sourin Roy Rd, Behala, Kol- 34
2458- 1470

Missionaries of Charity
57, Biren Roy Rd, Behala, Kol- 8
2406-8223

Sacred Heart Convent
27, Rishi Bankim Rd, Behala, Kol- 34
2468-0712

Edu. Inst.
Meghmala Roy Education Centre, Behala, Kol- 34
2468-0712/2457-3785

Carmel Nursery School, Behala, Kol- 34
2468-8734

Lay. Asso:
Parish Council, Finance Committee, Women’s & Youth Cell, Catholic Sabha, Altar Boys, S.V.P., Legion of Mary, Charismatic Renewal Group, Ministry for the Aged.

Soc.Act.
Maitri Bhavan (Hostel for College Girls)
2458-1470
Carmel Sadan (Hostel for Working Girls)
2468-8734


PRABHU JISUR GIRJA, Wellesley.
76, Rafi Ahmed Kidwai Road, Kolkata – 700 016
2244-9915/2245-3957
History
Started in August 1969 as a Jesuit Residence with public Oratory. Since 1973 the “Chitrabani” Communications Centre is Located in the premises. In 1979 “Udayani” a new building housing the fathers residence and the various apostolic activities was inaugurated. In 1981, another building was put up and the pre- novitiate of the Kolkata Province was shifted there. In 1987 Educational Media research Centre, started in the premises of Chitrabani, has now been shifted to 50, Circus Avenue. In 1990, the prenovitiate was converted into Loyola Jesuit House of Studies for scholastice.

Soc. Act.
“Chitrabani” Social communication Centre
2244-0108 (Fax; 2246-1507)
“Duff Hall” Library and Reading Room; Adult Education Program; “Chetana” Social Awareness Program through Radio. Public “Khrister joy” Monthly magazine for children Apostleship of Prayer Monthly leaflet in Bengali.

Lay Asso;
C.L.C., L.T.S. Apost.Act. Christian life Community (C.L.C.) Regional promotion Centre & Diocesan Centre; Leadership training Service ( L.T.S) National centre; Khrist Pujan Centre (Bengali liturgical Service Centre); Khrista pujan Prakashani (Bengali Religious Publications); Udayani formation centre for spiritual, social and cultural seminars.


QUEEN OF PEACE CHURCH, Tollygunge.
209/1, Netaji S.C.Bose.Rd., Bansdroni, Kolkata- 700 047
24713547
E- Mail : queenpeacekol2000@yahoo.com
History
The Church was consecrated on 26th February 1950 and became a Parish on 8th September 1996. The Congregation of the Mission (C. M. Fathers) has taken the responsibility of the Parish since September 1990., Fr. Joseph kayyalakam CM, is Parish Priest

Catholics: 1600

Rel.Inst.
Franciscan Missionaries of Mary
N. S. C. Bose, Rd, Kol – 47
2471-0570

Provincialate- Apostolic Carmel
96, Moore Avenue,
Tollygunge, Kol – 40
2471-1675

Carmel Convent
41, Gariahat Road, South, Kol – 31
2472-5656

Edu.Inst.
Carmel High School
41, Gariahat Road, South, Kol – 31
2473-1132

Shanti Rani Primary School
209, N .S. C. Bose Rd. Kol- 47
2471-0570

Soc.Act.
Parish runs a free homeopathy clinic Alphonsa Bhavan (Hostel) Run by KCSC

Lay Asso;
Catechism Teachers Association, SVP, Holy Childhood, MISTI (Mothers Interaction for Spiritual Transformation and Integration) 472-6826.


SACRED HEART CHINESE CHAPEL, Weston St.
15, Weston Street, Kolkata- 700 013
2237-7995
History
It was Fr. C. de Moor, s.j., who started the school and chapel in 1935. He also founded the Chinese Catholic community at Dhapa and built a chapel there in 1953.Fr. C. de Moor died in 1968. For year or two the fate of the chapel and school remained uncertain. Then Fr. J. Van Hove was appointed Chaplain and remained so for about 10 years. Fr. Van. Hove used to be chaplain and at the same time Secretary of the School. Therefore when he was transferred in 1979. two priests were appointed to undertake these tasks separately: Fr. Stephen Fernandes to become Secretary of the School and Fr. J. Sassel to look after the spiritual needs of the Chinese Community Since 1996 the Sisters of St. Joseph of the Apparition have begun to reside in the remises and take care of the school.

Rel.Inst.
Srs. Of St. Joseph of the Apparition
15, Weston St. Kol-13
2237-7995

Catholics: About 150

Edu. Inst.
Sacred Heart Chinese School
15 Weston St. Kol- 13 (From Nursery to viii)
Lay Asso;
Y. C. S.


ST. FRANCIS XAVIER’S CHURCH, Bow Bazar
68, Bepin Behari Ganguly Street, Kolkata- 700 012
2212-1662
History
A chapel was built in 1844, which was badly damaged by the 1897 earthquake. The foundation stone for the new church was laid by the then Archbishop Paul Goethals on 12th April 1898. Blessing of the Church was on 7th June 1900, Parish established on 2nd December1903.

Catholics: 1200

Rel. Inst.
Congregation of Christian Brothers ( CFC)
Kol- 12
2225-0337

Sisters of St. Joseph of the Apparition
15, Weston St, Kol – 13
2237-7995

Loreto Sisters
65, B.B. Ganguly St. Kol- 12
2212-0134

Edu.Inst.
St. Joseph's College
69, B.B. Ganguly, St. Kol- 12
2237- 4258

Loreto Day School
65, B. B. Ganguly St. Kol- 12
2212-0134

Xavier Com. Centre Nursery
68, B.B .Ganguly St. Kol- 12
2212-0269

Sacred Heart Chinese School
15, Weston St. Kol-13
2237-7995

St. George’s Free School
69, B.B. Ganguly St. Kol- 12
2237-6757

Lay. Asso.
C.A.B., S.V.P., Parish Council Youth Cell.


ST. IGNATIUS CHURCH, Kidderpore
38, Ekbalpore Road, Kidderpore, Kolkata- 700 023
449-6641
(Residence: The Presbytery, 51, Ekbalpore Rd, Kolkata – 700 023)
History
Founded in 1911. For many years the Kidderpore area was looked after by the Military Chaplain of Fort William, residing first at St. Xavier’s College up to 1871, then at Hastings from 1871 to 1891 and in the old Kidderpore Presbytery on Ekbalpore Road from 1897, in 1904 the centre room of the presbytery was arranged into a Chapel, Fr. Hipp built the Church in 1910 and it was blessed in 1011.

Catholics 9000

Rel.Inst Daughters of the Cross
68, Diamond Harbour Rd. Kol- 23
2449-6001

St. Vincent’s Home
68, diamond Harbour Rd., Kol- 23
2449-7568

St. Catherine’s Home
68, Diamond Harbour Rd, Kol- 23
2449-5372

F.C. Formation House
68, Diamond Harbour Rd, Kol- 23
2449-6003

M.C. Brothers
Generalate, Mansatala Row, Kol- 23
2449-7080
M.C. Brothers
12 Dr. Sudhir Bose Rd, Kol- 23

Prado Sisters
37/1 A Mominpur Rd, Kol-23
2449-1233

Sisters of Providence
5, Hussain Shah Road, Kol- 23
2449-7936

Edu. Inst.
Loyola High School
54/3 Diamond Harbour Rd, Kol-27
2449-3611/4944

Primary Sec. of Loyola School
51, Ekbalpore Rd Kol- 23
2448-5253

St. Paul’s boarding & Day School
68 D.H. Road, Kol- 23
2449-7185

St. Teresa’s Secondary School
D. H. Road Kol- 23
2449-7216

Cardinal Knox School,
at Loyola (Evening School) by M. C.

Lay. Asso.
Parish Pastoral Council, S.V.P, Legion of Mary Youth Groups (Junior & Senior), Altar Servers Association, Women Cell, Altar Angel’s Group, Catholic Hindi Sabha.


ST. JOHN THE EVANGELIST CHURCH, Sealdah
308, Acharya Prafulla Chandra Rd, Kolkata – 700 009
2227-1822/9152
History
The first chapel, called the Cemetery Chapel was built in 1902. Canonically erected as a parish in 1903.Its original purpose was a railway chaplaincy. From 1st January 1970, Kanchrapara with 150 Catholics was detached from the parish and joined to its original parish of Barrackpore . From 1972 Asha Niketan was housed in the presbytery till 1990. After that Missionaries of Charity Sisters Contemplative branch took over the presbytery in April, 1990.

Catholics. 700

Rel.Inst.
Sisters of St. Joseph of Cluny
68, A. P. C. Rd., Kolkata-9
2350-1156

M.C. Contemplative Branch
308, A.P.C. Road, Kol- 9

Sisters of St. Anne (Chennai)
147, B.B.G.St. Kol- 12
2246-8074

Edu.Inst.
Loreto Day School, Sealdah
122, L.C. Rd, Kolkata-14
2246-3845

Lavinia House
68, A.P.C. Road, Kolkata- 9
2350-1156

Lay.Asso.
Parish Council, Sunday school, Lay Missionaries of Charity.


ST. JOSEPH’S CHAPEL, Market St.
19, Market Street, Kolkata- 700 087
2244-1530/2246-2667
History
Ten Thousand Tamilians has come to Kolkata in search of better jobs. Fr. Josson ( historical record of Belgian Jesuit missionaries) puts around 900 of them to be Catholics. They were looked after by Fr. Everard. About 1863, Fr. Edward started to collect funds to build a Chapel for this community. With Rs. 3536 collected, he bought a plot from a Mr. Freyton and built the Chapel On March 20, 1865 on the feast of St. Joseph the chapel was blessed by Vicar Apostolic August Van Heule. In a small school attached to the chapel, children were taught reading, writing and catechism.

Lay Asso.
Narcotics Anonymous, School C.L.C. & Alcoholic Anonymous.


ST. LAWRENCE CHAPEL, Ballygunge
27, Ballygunge Circular Road, Kolkata- 19
2486-0523 Fax: 2474-4034

History
Chapel attached to St. Lawrence High School was started in 1937. Rel. Staff. Fr. Charles Pollet, S.J. Rector. Fr. Noel D’ Souza S.J.

Catholics: 500

Edu. Inst.
St. Lawrence High School
27, Ballygunge. Circular Rd Kol -19
2475-2539
Soc.Act.
St. Lawrence Boarding
27, Ballygunge, Circular Rd, Kol- 19
2486-0523

Lay.Asso.
B.C.C. (Basic Christian Communities), Alcoholic Anonymous.


ST. MARY’S CHURCH, Ripon Street
92. Ripon Street, Kolkata- 700 016
2229-9889/2217-6052
History
St. Thomas Church bought a property at Ripon Street and contributed towards the building of the Church and School. A portion of its territory was then handed over to St. Mary’s Church. The church was blessed on 1st December 1967, The Parish was erected on 1st January 1968. The school began in the same year.

Catholics: 5250

Rel Inst. M.C. Sister
54A. A.J.C. Bose Rd, Kol-16
2249-7115/2217-2277

M.C. Beatification House
74/1, AJC Bose Rd Kolkata- 16

Daughters of St. Paul
35, Royd St. Kolkata- 700-016
2229-8060

SS. CC. Fathers, Damian House
81, Ripon St Kol- 16
2216-0677

SS.CC. Sisters, Anjalu Bhavan
5A Sandel St. Kol-16
2217-0413/0648

Edu.Inst.
St. Mary’s School
92, Ripon Street, Kolkata-16
2229-8451/6757

Loreto Day School
9, Elliott Road Kolkata-16
2229-4256/5158
Soc.Act.

New Mary Hostel
33, Royd St. Kolkata-16
2229-7703

Mary Hostel
61/C Elliot Road Kollkata-16
2229-9331
Lay Asso.
Parish councils, C.A.B., S.V.P., Legion of Mary (English, Bengali, & Hindi units), Altar Servers, Parish Ushers, Charismatic Prayer Groups( English& Bengali).


ST. PATRICK’S CHURCH, Fort William
Fort William, Kolkata- 700 021
History
St. Patrick’s Parish, Fort William was established as an independent ecclesiastical unit by Msgr. Van Heule in 1865. Up to that time it existed as a Military Chaplaincy on the territory of St. Thomas Parish. Besides his work for the military personnel the Chaplain was looking after the two Kolkata hospitals, one civilian the other military. The Parish Church was officially inaugurated on 18th January 1859; the foundation stone was laid on 17th June 1856. The first entry in the official registers is a marriage which took place on 27th November 1847.

Catholics. 100

Lay.Asso.
Parish Pastoral Council.


ST. TERESA’S CHURCH, Moulali
92, Acharya J.Bose Road, Kolkata- 700014
2244-1991/2217-5371, 9434320864
History
St. Teresa of Avila’s Chapel was built in 1889. The foundation stone of the present church was laid on the 28th December 1895. the Church was blessed by Msgr. Goethals on 22nd April 1897. The parish was canonically established on 25th April 1897. The church was renovated and made two double storied church on 22nd April 1997.

Catholics: 16,000

Rel.Inst.
Sishu Bhavan, M.C.
78, AJC Bose Rd. Kol – 14
2217-5267/2216-0638

Our Lady of Providence (F.M.M)
75AJC Bose Rd Kol- 14
2244-1544

Progoti (Helper Sisters)
172/22 A, J.C. Bose Rd Kol- 14
2284-8327

Edu. Inst.
St. Peter’s High School
90, A.J.C. Bose Rd., Kol- 14
2245-2079

St. John Berchman’s School
92, A.J.C. Bose Rd Kol- 14
2216-8305

St. Teresa’s Girls P. School
92, A.J.C. Bose Rd Kol- 14

St. Anne’s Boys P. School
92, A.J.C. Bose Rd Kol-14

Our Lady of Providence School
75 A.J.C. Bose Rd Kol- 14
2244-1544

Lay. Asso.
C.A.B., C.L.C., S.V.P., Altar Boys, St. Anthony’s Pabitro Sammiloni, Legion of Mary, Apostolate of Our Lady of Fatima, Neo Catechumenate, Eucharistic Ministers St. Teresa of Avila Mahila Samily, Third order of St. Francis of Assisi.


ST. THOMAS’ CHURCH, Middleton Row
7. Middleton Row, Kolkata- 700 071
History
On 11th September, 1841, Mgr. Carew laid the foundation stone of St. Thomas’ Church. It was Blessed on 5th May 1842, Ascension day and officially opened to the public on 8th September 1842. It is the second parish established by Mgr. Carew in the City of Kolkata in 1844.In 1991, a five stored building was constructed on the presbytery grounds to house Vianney Home and the Provincialate of the Society of Jesus.

Catholics: 4,000

Rel.Inst.
Vianney Home
9/3 Middleton Row, Kol- 71
2229-5838

Xavier Sadan Provincialate of S.J.
9/3 Middleton Row, Kol- 71
2229-6818/1578.

Provincialate, Loreto House
7 Middleton Row Kol- 71
2246-5852/2229-7054

Shanti Bhavan
1/32 Prince Gulam Mohammed Rd., Kol – 26
2464-1300

St. Xavier’s College
30, Park St., Kol- 16
2247-5995

St. Lawrence School, 27, Ballygunge C. Road, Kol- 19
2475-1959/2539

Loreto House, 7, Middleton Row, Kol- 71
2249-3063

Little Sisters of the Poor
2, Lower Circular Rd, Kol- 20
2282-2595

Discalced Carmelites
4, Outram Street, Kol-17
2247-4050

Carmel Convent
19, Deshapriya Park Road Kol- 26
2464-2583

M. C. Nirmal Hriday
251, Kalighat Road Kol- 26
2464-4223

Edu.Inst.
Loreto College
7, Middleton Row, Kol- 71
2229-6030

Loreto House, Teachers’ Trng Centre
7, Middleton Row Kol- 71
2216-8129
Loreto Commercial College
7, Middleton Row Kol- 71
2216-8959

Loreto Vocational Training Centre
7, Middleton Row Kol – 71

St. Xavier’s College
30, Park Street, Kol- 16
2247-7278

St. Xavier’s Collegiate School
30, Park Street, Kol- 19
2247-7276

St. Lawrence High School
27, Ballygunge Circular Road Kol-19
2475-1959/2539

Loreto House
High School
7, Middleton Row, Kol – 71
2229-3564
St. Xavier’s Primary School
12, Wood Street, Kol- 16
2247-6951

Carmel Primary School
Deshpriya Park Road Kol- 26
2464-2583

Soc. Act.
St. Joseph's Home for the Aged, Little Sisters of the Poor
2282-2595
Andaman Chotanagpur Tribal Transit House, Apostleship of the sea.

Lay Asso. C
.A.B, S.V.P., Legion of Mary, Parish Council, Youth Action Group , Tamil Catholic Welfare Centre, Altar Servers Association & Neo-Catechumenate.


ST.XAVIER’S CHAPEL, Park St.
30, Mother Teresa Sarani (Park Street) Kolkata- 16
2247-7274/5995


STELLA MARIS CHURCH, Garden Reach
4, Nimak Mahal Road, Kolkata- 700 043
2439-6187
History
Started in 1947 to serve as a centre for the “Apostolate of the Sea.” On 2nd February 1988 the Pilar Fathers of Goa agreed to staff the Parish.

Catholics: 801

Edu. Inst.
Stella Maris Primary School
4, Nimak Mahal Road Kolkata- 43
2439-3182.

Calcutta Archdiocese : KOLKATA DEANERY
PARISHES

1) AUXILIUM PARISH CHURCH
2)CARMEL OF CHRIST THE KING CHAPEL
3)CATHEDRAL OF THE MOST HOLY ROSARY
4) CHURCH OF CHRIST THE KING
5) CHURCH OF OUR LADY OF DOLOURS
6) CHURCH OF THE SACRED HEART OF JESUS
7) FATIMA SHRINE
8) INFANT JESUS CHURCH
9) PRABHU JISUR GIRJA

10) QUEEN OF PEACE CHURCH
11) SACRED HEART CHINESE CHAPEL
12) ST. FRANCIS XAVIER’S CHURCH
13) ST. IGNATIUS CHURCH
14) ST. JOHN THE EVANGELIST CHURCH
15) ST. JOSEPH’S CHAPEL
16) ST. LAWRENCE CHAPEL
17) ST. MARY’S CHURCH
18) ST. PATRICK’S CHURCH, Fort William
19) ST. TERESA’S CHURCH
20) ST. THOMAS’ CHURCH
21) ST. XAVIER’S CHAPEL
22) STELLA MARIS CHURCH
Home